Care and Activity Coordinator (Adult Services)
Hours: 36 hours a week or Job Share
Salary: £20,036.01 per annum
The Hamlet are looking for a Care and Activity Coordinator to work with the management team to ensure that the service is run effectively to give the best outcome for individuals.
Purpose of the role
- To work with the management team to ensure that the service is run effectively to give the best outcome for individuals, supporting independence and choice
- To support the deputies, in the day-to-day running of the service
- To provide a safe and supported environment giving priorities to medication, overseeing personal care and lunchtimes.
The successful candidate will
- Be an excellent team player with leadership ability.(essential)
- Have experience of working with individuals with disabilities and complex health
- Be an excellent organiser. (Essential)
- Have an understanding of the importance for all students to be treated as adults
- To be given choice and involvement, to have fun, socialise and how staff can support this (Essential)
- Be prepared to use the skills you have, and demonstrate an enthusiasm and energy and get involved (Essential)
- Have an understanding of the experience of disabled people and their families can face on a daily basis and an appreciation of the barriers to inclusion that disabled people and their families experience (Essential)
- Have excellent problem solving skills (Essential)
- Have excellent communication with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and abilities (Essential)
- Have a sound understanding of safeguarding young adults and children (Essential)
- Have a willingness to cover Out of Hours Coordinator as required (Essential)
- Have a willingness to undertake training as required for the role (Essential)
- Be able to work in a physically demanding role that involves lifting and operating lifting equipment
Please be aware this role is subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS check.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Please return your completed application form via email.
Closing Date: Friday 25 May 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: Tuesday 5 June 2018