Deputy Manager (Adult Services)
Hours: 22 hours per week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Salary: £13,007.28 per annum
The Hamlet are looking for a deputy manager to lead and support the provision of day care and activities for young adults at Ella Road.
The role of the Deputy Manager is shared between two members of staff, each taking the lead on different aspects of the work, but also covering for the other for periods of absence. The effectiveness of the role will depend on good communication and sharing of knowledge of all aspects of the service.
We are looking for a deputy to lead on Service Delivery - Please see Role 2 in the job description and person specification for more information about this particular role.
Purpose of the role
- To Deputise for the Manager in periods of absence, planned or unplanned.
- To lead the team of Coordinators, Leads, Support Workers and Volunteers ensuring that all legal obligations and requirements are met on a day to day basis.
- To ensure that the highest standards of care are adhered to at all times.
- This will include admissions, overseeing the planning of a programme of activities.
- To ensure that records of individual (young) adults are maintained and information shared with appropriate staff / parents / other professionals as required.
- To support the supervision and appraisal of staff and volunteers.
This role will include
- Overseeing the timetabling of a range of activities ensuring that they meet the needs of the students.
- Supporting the planning of sessions to meet the individual needs of the students.
- Ensuring that as far as possible these are reflected and as described in support plans and in discussion with the coordinator, students / parents / carers and other professionals
- Ensuring effective communication with the parents/carers and the students through regular contact, communication books, reviews and similar.
- Supporting the completion of Core Assessments
- Reviewing and updating Support Plans
- Ensuring Staff and Volunteers are fully aware of the social, learning, medical and dietary needs of students in their care.
- Ensuring that Staff responsible for any care or medical procedures have been trained and passed as competent to carry out such procedures as are required.
- Completing and updating medical records and audits.
- Completing records associated with student attendances
- Ensuring that the resources support the needs of the students.
- Supporting the Manager in allocation of new students, transition and leaving the service.
- Overseeing and recording competency as Care Certificate Units are completed
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Please return your completed application form via email.
Closing Date: Friday 20 April 2018 (12 noon)
Interview Date: Thursday 3 May 2018