Voice of the Child
Target Staff: This course is aimed at all front line practitioners and managers working with children and young people.
Course Duration: One day
Course Aim: To enable participants to reflect on representing the voice of the child within their work with children.
Learning Outcomes - By the end of this course participants will have:
- Explored what we mean by ‘children’s voices’ being represented in their practice
- Considered what children tell us about ‘listening to their voices’
- Understood what we mean by children’s rights, participation & advocacy
- Looked at what Serious Case Reviews tell us about the pitfalls of not representing children’s voices
- Identified good practice principles re ‘recording children’s voices’
- Reflected on the diverse needs of children re representing their voices; i.e. non-verbal children
- Considered good practice to take back to the workplace
Location: Abbey Conference, Norwich