Tel: 01603 883869 | Email us | Member login


Please be aware that during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic all Voluntary Norfolk and Momentum staff are working from home and some of our services may be affected. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and through our News Posts for further information and regular updates.  If you wish to contact a member of our Team, please go to Our Team pages for staff email addresses and in some cases their work mobile numbers. Thank you.


Every Local Authority in the country has a Local Safeguarding Children Board in place to make sure that children are protected from harm and that their welfare is promoted. In Norfolk, the Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board (NSCB) is made up of statutory and voluntary partners who work with families and children. We are an independent organisation and make sure that people working with children carry out their safeguarding responsibilities as required by the law.

There is a wide range of professionals who have a duty to keep children safe from harm, protect their welfare and support them to achieve their potential. Momentum's Chief Executive is a member of the Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board.  Safeguarding is everybody's responsibility, so it is important that professionals have the knowledge and experience to fulfil their duties. The Board provides advice and guidance to frontline staff on multi-agency safeguarding procedures.

NSCB New Logo

Safer Programme

Momentum (Norfolk) recommend that all voluntary and community groups become members of the Safer Programme. Safer provides advice, information and training on all aspects around safeguarding children and child protection policies and procedures (primarily to the voluntary and community sector, but also to the statutory and private sector).

Meeting the standards of Safer will help you achieve Ambition Quality

To contact Safer Programme

Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board
Room 60
Lower Ground Floor
County Hall
Martineau Lane

For general matters call the NSCB Support Team on 01603 223409.

Specific Concern about a Child

If you are a professional concerned about a child's safety or welfare please phone Norfolk County Council's Children's Advice and Duty Service (CADS) on 0344 800 8021. Members of the public should call Norfolk County Council's Customer Service on 0344 800 8020.

Reporting an Allegation of Abuse Against a Person Who Works With Children

If you are concerned about the behaviour of a person who works (either paid or voluntary) with children under the age of 18 years, you need to contact the Local Area Designated Officer (LADO). For further information please see NSCB website.

Safer Logo