Adult Mental Health First Aid Training
This course is suitable for anybody looking to gain an awareness of Mental Health and qualify as an Adult Mental Health First Aider. This is a Mental Health England Accredited Course.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma & Discrimination
- What is depression? Symptoms & Risk factors
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment & resources
- Cognitive distortions & CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
- Duration: 16 hours (27 & 28 April)
- Location: Norwich
- Cost: £170pp
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01508 447311 or 01603 574079
Please note that this course is not provided by Momentum. For bookings and queries, please contact the course provider directly.
To see Momentum's training courses, please visit our Training Hub.