Awareness of Self Harm
This course aims to improve the confidence and the skills of all staff working in areas where there is the potential for self harm within their client groups.
- To gain an understanding of self harm and the different ways in which clients may present
- To understand the importance of supporting staff and enabling adherence to organisational policies & procedures
- To challenge misconceptions surrounding self harm, looking at our own attitudes, values and beliefs
- To gain an understanding of ways in which individuals self harm and the potential reasons (social, psychological, trauma etc)
- To gain awareness of management techniques including:
- dialectical behavioural therapy,
- behavioural charts
- diaries of emotions
- thought triggers
- positive risk management
Course Duration: 9am-1pm
Venue: The White Horse, Trowse, Norwich
Cost: £49 +vat per person
Call 01603 611107 or send an email to book a place.