Epilepsy and Seizure Management
This course aims to provide awareness of epilepsy and seizures and the knowledge, skills and confidence required in relation to person-centred epilepsy management.
- The different types/classifications/potential causes and common trigger factors of epilepsy and seizure
- Status epilepticus – how to recognise and respond appropriately, following care plans and guidelines
- First aid for convulsive and non-convulsive seizures: VNS, & buccal midazolam – practical elements using training models (administration of rectal diazepam can also be included if required)
- Awareness of local protocols and organisational policies
- Awareness of the importance of respecting lifestyle choices and capacity decisions (MCA 2005 & DoLS 2007)
- Awareness of benefits and risks with complimentary treatments and holistic management (e.g. ketogenic diet, music, aromatherapy etc.)
- The importance of recognising and responding to health and wellbeing and reporting requirements
Cost per person: £49 +vat.
To book a place/places please call 01603 611107 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org