Improving collaborative working to safeguarding children with complex needs workshops
To ensure that all staff are aware of the vulnerabilities of children with complex needs from a safeguarding perspective and can disseminate that knowledge to their teams.
By the end of this course participants will:
- Understand what complex needs are along with practitioners’ roles and responsibilities in relation to children and young people with complex needs
- Understand the differences and complexities of these children’s varying needs
- Have explored the barriers to effective joint/collaborative working in this area and considered how to address these barriers
- Understand the significance of information sharing to multi-agency collaborative working
- Understand the importance of being aware of the ‘Voice of the Child’ in all safeguarding work and have considered different communication methods that children may use
- Have explored the ‘Think Family’ approach and understand its significance to holistic assessments
This workshop is for multi-agency staff and is relevant for all operational managers who are involved in child protection work.