Some of My Best Friends Are Gay: Working with the Gay Community
Understanding the impact of homophobia & heterosexism, language & key issues facing the lesbian, gay and bisexual community
By the end of this course, participants should be able to
- Participate confidently in work with the gay community
- Identify some of the detrimental effects of homophobia and "heterosexism"
- Describe ways to increase confidence about saying/doing the right thing
- Identify ways of making their servic esmore user friendly for gay and lesbian service users
- Free 6-hour course
- No lunch is provided, so please make your own arrangements. Tea/coffee is provided.
Independence Matters, Ipswich Road, Norwich
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.