GDPR Training / Information Governance
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
With the General Data Protection Regulation coming into force on 25 May 2018, organisations will want to be confident that they have everything in place and fully understand their legal responsibilities in dealing with information.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of this course are:
- To ensure that staff are fully aware of the legal requirements both as an individual and as an organisation for information governance and data protection
- To ensure necessary safeguards are in place and appropriate guidance for use and retention of service user and staff personal information is adhered to
By the end of the session all participants will be able to:
- Understand Information Governance and the legal framework
- Be able to recognise their accountabilities and responsibilities when using personal information
- Know the requirements of the IG Toolkit
- Know the recommendations in the Caldicott report and the principles
- Gain information regarding confidentiality, security, and record keeping
- Explain policies and procedures for individual organisations
- Recognise links to Data Protection 1998 and other relevant legislation (GDPR)
- Evaluate codes of practice and legal obligations (Inc. The principles and purpose of The Freedom of Information Act 2000)
Anyone with a responsibility or role in dealing with data.
- This course involves group work and discussion
- Participants should bring copies of their policies and procedures that are specific to this essential requirement
Book this course